Friday, March 22, 2024

41

Hi, it's me. Your 41 year old friend Marie. 

Today was a good day. Relaxing and fun, lots of time with my boyfriend and kids, and messages from people that love me. So basically, I am one lucky middle aged baby. 

We loitered this morning and then went to Hobby Lobby to get some thread that the Double B needed for his latest cross stitch adventure. Then we got some lunch at a new salad place and headed off to look at some cars again. I think we're narrowing in on a few types we are interested in. 
I didn't have to do any driving today, the Double B did drop offs and pick ups, which was very nice. 
This evening we all went to Blaze to make our own pizza's, then came home and opened presents. I love being with my people. 
I'm a really spoiled person. I mean it. It's bad. I just don't even know what to do with this Double B of mine. It was an excess of riches.
But I am so thankful that he loves me. He is so generous with me. I don't deserve any of it. But if life was about deserving, I guess we'd all be in trouble. So I will just be grateful every day and give him my whole heart back. 
The kids and I had a ball trying out the new walking pad. Great fun was had by all. 
Liv gave an impromptu performance of the song American Pie and took us through all of the emotions (while holding Harry Potter -- you know how you do). It was very inspiring. 
Anyhow, it's been a day. A happy birthday indeed. Indubitably. 
I love you and I like you. Thanks for being here with me for 41! I'm so lucky to have you in my life. (Fun fact, 41 was George H.W. Bush, presidentially speaking. That's where my mind goes, not sure about yours.)
Since I'm the Mom that means I'm the one that takes the pictures, so I took my own to document that I was, in fact, here. My face is showing signs of aging. Lines are deepening and lengthening. And that gets to be its own mind of beauty, doesn't it. 
I'm thankful for every year. 
Wishing you many blessings, my loved ones. 

No comments: