Thursday, March 21, 2024

Birthday Eve

Hello!
Sorry for not being here, the great news is I have a super good excuse! My blog has been acting kind of funny for about a week. I don't know if it's been acting funny for you? But it's been hard to navigate and had several glitches, then I had a couple of people say they were having problems getting to it and MY AMYGDALA SAID OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!! DO SOMETHING!!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!! So I did. The idea of not being able to get in and retrieve this record, or lose it, is just too much to contemplate. Remember when I printed it all out and it was a huge project? That was in 2021!! So I had about two and a half years that were not backed up in any way. I got very creeped. So I have spent the last three days making sure we wouldn't lose this record of my people. I finally finished tonight, I got about 9 months done a day. I haven't printed them yet -- my priority was getting it safely moved digitally and now I'll slowly straighten it up to print. But I feel much relieved, really relieved. Moments like this really show me how much this little history means to me and how important I feel about having it for my family. BIG feelings. It's just been a labor of love and it's important that we have it. So PHEW. When I finally finished tonight, Olivia said "I guess this gave you content -- something to write about!" Lol. Yep, it did. 
Hopefully blogger is able to fix whatever is causing the problem, but either way, I'm relieved. 
Highlights of this week:
Liv finally made her candy salad! This was the number one incentive to get her through working all of spring break. She wanted to make her own candy salad, and by golly, she did. It's a thing of beauty. She was very happy about it and still is!
Last night Kate had a choir concert -- the one where they practice the numbers they are taking to festival. She did great and we had a real adventure getting her dress dry and changed in to in time, but by golly, we did it! I'm So proud of this girl. I absolutely love her gift for music and I love when she gets to share it with us. 
Today is my last day being 40. 
I loved 40, actually. I love being a baby middle aged person. Very fun. 
When we gathered for prayer tonight Liv asked if there was anything I'd like to say in this my last night as a 40 year old -- which is how I know I'm raising my children right. She held up her fist as a microphone, I gave a short speech, and we all applauded. It's cool being us sometimes. 
I'm thankful for this opportunity to be alive and I'm so thankful for another beautiful year on this beautiful earth. 
Anyhow. I love sharing this little record with you. Long may she wave. 

No comments: