Sunday, April 7, 2024

Bugs In A Rug

Benson came in for a back scratch while I was making dinner tonight. He is like his Dad, this is his greatest happiness in life. He slumps over like a happy little lump and makes happy noises. When I finally had to stop scratching to continue on with dinner he cheerfully exclaimed "Who needs a spa when you have a personal Mom!"
Pretty cute.

Other quoteables from today: 

Liv and I were watching Elder Kearon's tremendous talk this morning and he mentioned that he has been experiencing painful self reflection. Olivia huffed in compassion and said "Ugh. That'd be terrible. I hate self examination!" Lol.

Tonight Benny and I were watching Somebody Feed Phil. Phil was talking about wanting to be an astronaut as a kid, and I mentioned that I also dreamed of being an astronaut. Benson nodded in agreement and said "I wanted to be an astronaut, but a DJ. An astronaut DJ!" Which was hilarious because he really did used to always draw a picture of a DJ in space, scratching records with headphones and sunglasses on. So funny!

It's been a very chill couple of days of watching General Conference. It was a positive experience. Yesterday the Double B was off so we got to spend the whole day chilling like two villains together, watching away. He cross stitched and I sorted through pictures. Win win. Yesterday I enjoyed Elder Holland and Alexander Dushku's talks earlier in the day, then Shayne M Bowen (that one had the Double B and I gaping at each other a few times with some very miraculous stories) and Elder Uchtdorf in the evening. 

Today my sweetie pie banana froo froo face had to work, so not as exciting as far as not getting to sit by a cute boy. I watched cozy on my bed like a little lump on a log, and Benny and Katee watched in the front room building legos, etc. I could have totally gone in there with them, but everybody was content, so I decided that worked just fine. When Liv got home from work, she watched with me. I really felt like the morning session was wonderful. I enjoyed so many of the messages, starting with Elder Rasband. Susan Porter spoke to the primary children and she absolutely had Benson's attention. It was really cute, when she read the lyrics to A Child's Prayer, Benson started singing right along with her as she spoke. It was a beautiful testimony of prayer that both he and I learned from. I really enjoyed Elder Rasband's talk, as well. But boy oh boy, when our new apostle, Elder Kearon got up to speak -- an absolute mic drop of a talk. My heart came to life. The Jesus that he spoke of is the Jesus that I know. It felt so amazing to have the thoughts and feelings of my own heart spoken and shared by an apostle. Because the Jesus that I know, to the best of my understanding through real and honest study and seeking, is the Jesus that he spoke of. I was thrilled to have a message that I can point anyone to, that I can use as a balm for both me and my child. Beautiful. By the end of that talk, I was convinced that I have a new friend in Elder Kearon. It was a master work that I know I will spend a lot of time with.

I was truly thankful to have had a peaceful time with conference. That was a real blessing for me. I am thankful.

No comments: