Monday, April 8, 2024

Eclipse

Today my sworn enemy, Stupid Headache, came to visit me. A real jezebel if ever there was one. 
So that was one of the themes of the day. Go away. How to get this to go away. Try this. Try that. Guess it's not going away. 
C'est la vie.
(That's French.) 

I got to see a partial eclipse on my little piece of white paper on the back porch, though, so that was exciting! I also watched the live coverage of it, and enjoyed seeing people all the way from Mexico to Niagara Falls enjoy the wonder of a total eclipse. That seems like it would be extremely neato to see. It was cool to listen to the wonder and awe -- and a whole lot of talk about spiritual feelings and divine love and love for all mankind for a network news report! I was kind of impressed, actually. Celestial events are very inspiring, though, kind of hard to deny that one.

This evening Kate, Benny, Dad and I went to go see Benson's artwork that was chosen to be displayed at the public library through April! Super awesome. He made a watercolor mandala and it is really cool. We are so proud of him!
This is the pose he gave when I told him to show us, "look, it's art!"
One of us was more invested than the other:
Go, Benny, go. Artist extraordinaire. 

It is really cool for me that all of my kids are artists in one form or another. I'm so happy for myself. 

After that we went to dinner to celebrate. But it was super weird because Liv was at work, so it was just four of us. We know that it won't be long until the next chicken flies the coop, and I'll just try not to think about that too much.

Today is my T-Bomb's birthday, one of the people that I love most in the whole world. Thank God for Trina. 

Quote of the day: I called in everybody for prayer, and like usual, Olivia came in first. She plopped on the couch and said "Most obedient -- that's my award. A dog-like sense of obedience." Lol! If only she knew how happy I am to give her a gold star!

No comments: