Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Cookies And Growing And Poets

Liv and I learned a little cookie decorating at young women's tonight. We both thought it was super fun and definitely has hobby potential. I think we are pretty good for beginners!
Kate had a planning meeting and had a good time with her group. 

Tonight these two little love bugs were next to each other and I realized that Benson really is getting awfully close to passing Katelyn up. A few days ago they discovered that his feet are bigger than hers and he had the most triumphant laugh of all time. It was super funny and cute. He was awfully pleased with himself. I thought we'd better get some pictures to see how close we are and how fast things go. Benson is definitely growing right now and Kate has been at her height for quite some time, so she may be finishing up. He's just getting started. 

I sure love these babies.

Liv and I had a conversation that really tickled me this afternoon. She said that she was very thankful I'd never forced her to play a sport. I told her I was glad she felt that way! She said "I'd quit any sports team. We don't really know anything about sports. But we know about Maya Angelou!" That made me laugh, and I agreed -- we sure do! And that makes me happy. 
She then said "I was talking to my coworkers, and I told them how my Mom recites Robert Frost to us. They just looked at me. I told them that my Mom shares a lot of poetry with us. If she didn't read poetry to us, how would I know that I am the master of my fate, and that I am the captain of my soul?!"
I got such a laugh out of that, but also my heart just warmed right up. I told her that I was very thankful that they have let me share those things with them. They will be thinkers and feelers, and that is a wonderful contribution to the world. 
I'm not lying, I have rarely felt more delighted as a parent.

I'll head up in the morning to see KJ perform and get to spend some time with my boy. It'll be great. Can't wait to give him my love and support!

No comments: