Thursday, March 3, 2011

Marie Vs. Bully

I was reading yesterday about his group of stupid people who go around picketing military funerals for their own personal agenda.

These people should be shot.
Amen.

Don't worry, thought! Their first amendment rights are protected, people! By the Supreme Court, no less!

I know how important freedom of speech is. But seriously. How about we say "Yes, you can gather and say whatever you want. And Marie, who is a trained sniper thanks to NCIS, will be waiting in the bushes to take you out Jethro-Style."

I just don't understand people and their meanness.
If you hate something, how about you take the time to march in your circle of awesomeness at an appropriate time and place, not at another persons sacred place of mourning. You can imagine what that must be like, to have people chanting and waving signs saying really rotten, horrible, stupid things at the funeral of someone you love so much who has absolutely nothing to do them and their cause of stupidity.

And you know I believe in standing up for what you believe is right.

But really.

In my day dream, I imagined marching up to their signs with my sign that said something really mean back, like "YOU'RE GONNA GET IT!" and then punching them in the face. And they would all run away quivering, because they would all be afraid of my awesome power, ala Nephi building the ship and shocking his bigger, dumber brothers. But then I thought I should revise my day dream to something my Mother could be more proud of, so I changed my imaginary sign to say "YOU MIGHT BE SORRY ABOUT THIS ONE DAY!!! GO TO YOUR ROOM AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!!" and then I confronted them and talked reason to them and they ran away quivering, ala Nephi building the ship and shocking his bigger, dumber brothers.

Honestly. I just don't get us as a human race.

I was recently reading the Double B a section from the book of Leviticus (which is rather hard to get through, by the way), because it was nasty and put horrible (albeit biblical) thoughts in my head, and if I was going to have horrible thoughts, I didn't want to have them alone. After I read them to him, he looked at me for a few minutes and then said this (get out your red pencil, this is good): "There are really no new sins, are there?"

Amen.

And since being stupid and mean has been around forever, it is also an ancient sin. So, see? The Double B is right.

Thank you for listening to me as I rant. I wish the mean people were just gathered together on a bus, the way they were when many of us were in school, and I could just get up, turn around, and tell them in no uncertain terms how demented they were. And then they would stop throwing stuff at my seat mate, because they might get a clue via embarrassment that there is something seriously wrong with them.

And now I think I'd better go repent myself.
Go away, Mean People. Go. Away.



P.S.-itty-S.: I have two posts today, because there is a lot of helium floating around right now. Don't be afraid. The other isn't indignant at all!

1 comment:

Elise said...

I listened to a thing about this on NPR and was THRILLED to hear that our right to be a complete D-bag has been protected by the Supreme Court.

Your husband nailed it--there are no new sins. I think Satan just keeps repackaging and reselling his same old stuff, and we keep falling for it. He's a JERK. The ORIGINAL jerk.