Monday, November 19, 2012

Shawna and Trina

On Saturday I read a plaque that said "We'll always be friends... you know too much." I had to laugh.
Do you have any friends like that? That you tell everything to, even the things about you that are evil, and they love you anyway, and even find your quirks endearing?
I've been so lucky to have that these last eight and a half years in my two neighbors...
Shawna and Trina.
Who gets to live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac with two of their very best friends in the whole world?
It's been a very blessed time in my life. All along we knew it was unique, and the last couple of years have briefly discussed that it couldn't stay like that forever. And now... in less then two weeks... our time of being able to just show up on each others doorsteps or sit on the porch any darn time we feel like it will come to an end. But you know what? I'm just thankful we had it in the first place.
And despite Shawna's coping mechanism of insisting we'll never speak to each other again, I know that's not the case. Because she simply knows too much. And I'm not letting her go.
Luckily, Trina also happens to be my sister-in-law, which is sort of like finding out there are really fairies, so there's nothing but gladness there that we'll always have each other. She's never getting rid of me. Ever.
On Thursday we went on one last glorious night out to see the premiere in our little town of the last 'Twilight' movie (yep). It was so fun to be together. We went out to our classic eatery, Texas Roadhouse, stood in line for a long time talking and laughing, and just having a marvelous time. I am so glad for friends. What a blessing in this life.
Aren't they beautiful?
They really are.

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

rieser don't go :). no not really, what a fun adventure lies ahead. i can't believe it. two weeks! i really just need to see more pictures of your house. so good you are moving to another cul-de-sac. bet you will be converting lots of people in the midwest!