Monday, August 21, 2017

My Missionaries

One of "my girls," Melanie, came home from her mission recently and it worked out that I could make it up to listen to her homecoming talk. Sherine was also there and I was able to give them both big squeezes and look into their eyes and tell them that I love them! And also laugh at Sherine's jokes, because she is still so hilarious. Melanie told me some things that touched my heart so much. Those two hold a very special place in my heart and I was so thankful to be able to be there for that moment in time.
It has been over five years since I was released from young women's and almost nine years since I received that calling, but it was such an important and wonderful time in my life that I get to take with me. The Lord blessed me to LOVE those girls, every one of them, with such a pure and intense love. I saw the very best in them and truly believe I was allowed to see the goodness of their hearts. Because of that, I will always truly love them. They were "my girls" and always will be "my girls" in my heart.
I am so thankful for every chance I've been given to put my shoulder to the wheel and push with all my might for the Lord. He has given me so many precious opportunities to grow and stretch in my callings. I am so thankful for the things that I learned in Young Women's, in the Primary, and now in the Relief Society. I have made many mistakes but my heart has been in it. Hopefully I can become a profitable servant for the Lord. He has given me everything I have and I love Him so much for it.

No comments: