Tuesday, October 10, 2017

FC

Today is my favorite cousin Mary Dawn's birthday. Happy birthday, FC! Here's a memory for you, because I know of your childhood amnesia:

When we were tweens, we got asked to be "servers" for our cousin Ambra's wedding. This seemed very magical and like a great honor to me. It was Christmas time in a fancy reception hall and you should have seen our aprons -- top notch. There was dancing, and also a very cute boy there named Tim. He was the nephew of the groom. He asked Mary Dawn to dance! (Proof that she was a babe magnet from the beginning.) I just thought this was too great. Then, he asked me to dance! I was flustered, and said "hold on, let me check with Dawnie." She gave the go ahead, held my fancy apron, and honestly I'm amazed that Tim and I aren't married today, because I just really felt sparks were flying. When I went back to report to my FC, she got a little hung up on one detail: "You called me DAWNIE?!? You told him my name was DAWNIE!??" I guess Tim wasn't the guy for either one of us.

Sorry, Dawnie. I don't use that name much anymore, so that's got to be some comfort.

I love my FC. She is a gifted, kind, adorable individual, and her cleaning skills are the best I've ever seen. Which may seem like a strange compliment, but if you know our Grandma, you'll know that is the best compliment I could ever give. My life wouldn't have nearly as many awesome memories without you. Thanks for being born, FC.

Love,
Pig Poop.

1 comment:

Ducksoup said...

oh my gosh, i'm dying about this post. i'm still laughing so hard out loud its a wonder i can type and laugh this hard! i have no memory of that tim guy whatsoever but i do apologize i got mad about you calling me dawnie. oh my goodness, if you could just write me a journal for my posterity from my youth that would be great. just love you. thanks for the awesome post! i was pretty excited to read it and it did not disappoint!