Sunday, August 12, 2018

Katelyn Gets Baptized, Hurray!

The day this girl has waited so long for finally arrived! On August 4th at eleven in the morning, our own Kate the Great was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Such a happy, happy day.
  Here's Daddy giving her some last minute instructions.
What a girl this is. She was so excited and looked absolutely angelic in her beautiful white dress and braids and peaceful little smile.
Lots of family came down to support her and several ward members, including friends who had been at Girls Camp with me all week and just gotten down the mountain!
I think she felt very loved.
As a parent, being able to share the faith we treasure with our children -- the people that we treasure most in the world -- is an amazing gift. These are the most special days.
Katelyn asked Olivia to give the talk on baptism and KJ to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. It was so cool. They both prepared their talks on their own and knocked it out of the ballpark. It was about more then my mother heart could take. Benson was a very enthusiastic cheering section.
The Double B and I are incredibly blessed. These are the good old days. I know it and am so thankful for this family of ours.
My friend Tashina took this picture of me and my BFF. So love my Mom (and look more and more like her the older I get).
Grandma A played the piano, Grandma B led the music. Grandpa gave the opening prayer, I gave the closing. Grandpa and Uncle Nick were the witnesses. And Katelyn got to be baptized twice, because the first time her little toes popped right up out of the water! She looked so happy coming out of that water, finally baptized!
Daddy baptized her and she had a lot of good men in the circle to bless her with the gift of the Holy Ghost: Daddy, Grandpa, Uncle Nick, Uncle Steve L, and Brother Whipple.
The family gathered at our house afterwards for lunch and visiting. 
Here's Kate and her FC Bella.
Proud Grandma.
Proud Grandpa and Grandma.
We are family people, so for us there is nothing better then being surrounded by our loved ones. It was such a happy party!
I told Benson to put his arm around Bia for a picture, but he just wasn't quite sure what I meant about that, and this is what I got, ha ha.
He was happy to do it, though, with a little more instruction! These two are so funny together.
Uncle Nick is staying with us right now while he starts his new job flying helicopters in Las Vegas, so he and Aunt Sil were pretty happy to be together.
We are truly blessed to have family that loves and supports us and our tiny Kate the Great.
What a happy day. One to be remembered forever.

No comments: