Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Busy Week

It's been quite a week. I got myself into a huge pickle by delaying getting our tickets to see KJ perform in Lamb of God for Friday night, and they were all sold out. There were only a couple left for Saturday night's performance, so I got those, because I knew how important it was to KJ that we be there. But Addie was getting her endowment out on Saturday night. So basically I created a tremendous problem for everybody due to being kind of a dummy. You would think that I had murdered someone based on the extreme self loathing I felt over this. I think I'm making progress in my perfectionism recovery, and then I make a big boo boo and realize -- nope! I don't have this one yet. Anyhow, we decided that our only option was to divide and conquer -- I would drive up to KJ's concert and the Double B would represent our family for Addie's endowment. A totally miserable plan, for either one of us to miss either very important thing for two kids we love so much. So I decided to wait until the box office opened on Friday afternoon and hope for a miracle before waving the white flag of surrender, and -- they had tickets!!! Two in the corner of the side, even where we could see KJ! We felt very blessed (specifically me. Specifically me, I was blessed.) -- and had an absolutely amazing time watching and listening to KJ perform in Lamb of God. That show is truly amazing and we loved it. They gave a spectular performance.
This is what I shared about it when we got back to Grandma and Grandpa's at one in the morning: The Double B and I were so lucky to get to run up to Snow College tonight to watch and listen to KJ perform in Lamb of God by Rob Gardner. It was absolutely incredible -- and a wonderful way to spend Good Friday. This show holds a lot of meaning for KJ and for our family. While I watched him play and listened with my heart, I cried many thankful tears. I felt deeply the belief that I carry in my heart -- that Jesus is the promised Messiah -- that his love and compassion is for each and every one of us -- that he asks none of us to go away, but invites us all to come. "Here is hope." So thankful we got to share this beautiful night with KJ. We love this boy of ours so much.
P.S. Lamb of God is on Spotify if you'd like to listen. It's amazing. Happy Easter weekend, we love you!
It was a lot of effort but worth every second. We are some darn proud parents. 
Because we were really blessed to get those tickets, that meant that we both got to be there for Addie as she received her personal endowment. That was a very sweet experience.
I love Addie like she is my own. She is very special to me and one of my dear, dear friends, too -- one of the true beauties of babies growing up. So happy for her and love her so much.
We had a lot of fun on Easter. Poor Katee got sick during the night so wasn't able to join us for church and spent a lot of the day feeling extra yucky, poor thing. Aunt Sil has her parents here visiting from Brazil, and they so kindly came to fix us the most delicious dinner -- that was so kind! It was incredibly yummy. I wish I would have gotten more pictures, but I was just having a nice time. I did get this one of Addie and Benson playing rock, paper, scissors for the Easter egg hunt that is just super cute.
Will and Benny being total besties.
Liv and Leighna being total besties, too. The FC's that nap together stay together. 
The Double B stayed up until Monday because he had a golf game scheduled with family. He had a total blast golfing and very kindly did a lot of honey do's for my parents with my brother Matt. Liv had college classes on Monday that we needed to get her to, but since Kate was feeling pretty miserable, I decided to just get them home on Sunday night. We got home late and went right to bed, then just laid low on Monday. 

Kate was still sick yesterday and so stayed home from school, but she seems to be doing better now. Hard to always know with Katelyn. 


Benny has a big project for school that is due tomorrow that he was finishing up today -- he made a volcano shelter out of carboard box that includes a tv playing Star Wars and a banana chair. 

Liv has been dealing with dermatitis on her eyelids and it's sure been a miserable battle. We're hoping that we've got a new action plan that might help. She has my devil skin, for which I very sincerely apologize. It's psychotically sensitive and difficult for no good reason. Hopefully she'll get some relief soon.

KJ is trying to fit in everything that he needs to accomplish in his last four weeks of school. So crazy that he's almost done with his sophomore year.

I've kind of felt run down the last few days, too. I'm sure that the peanut butter m&m's are not speeding up my recovery. But they sure are delicious.

I had one of the worst nightmares of my whole life a couple nights ago. It's the first time I've ever woken up yelling "no!" I was so afraid. So then I was afraid to go to sleep last night.  I listened to a biography about George H.W. Bush until I finally fell asleep. The Double B asked me if it rated up there with my Land Before Time nightmare from when I was about five, and it really did. Miserable. I guess you never totally outgrow these things.

My boyfriend was off today and we went on our date and had a nice time.

Okay, back on the horse. Love you, goodbye.
 

No comments: